Courtesy of Health Bent. Check out Health Bent’s blog here.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs (cut into bite size pieces)
- 3 T fat (coconut oil works well here)
- juice of 2 oranges* (3 for more sauce)
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 t fresh ginger
- 3 T coconut aminos or wheat-free soy sauce
- 1 t chili garlic sauce or sriracha
- 3 green onions, chopped
- In a medium size sauce pot, add the orange juice, zest, ginger, coconut aminos and chili garlic sauce or sriracha.
- Set over medium heat and let simmer to reduce and thicken while the chicken cooks.
- In a saute pan, heat 3 T of the fat of your choice, over medium high heat.
- Add the chopped chicken thighs and cook until a nice brown crust has developed on the chicken pieces, about 6 minutes.
- Add the chicken to the sauce pot and stir to coat with the orange sauce. Serve topped with sliced green onions.
- Serve over sauteed or steamed veggies of your choice
*Taste your oranges. If they don’t taste orange-y, then neither will this dish. Use tangerines if you need to or add a teaspoon of sweetener until you’re satisfied with the flavor.