Are you trying to get more gelatin into your life? Well, then look no further as these are super easy to make and delicious as well! This is a variation of Balanced Bites’ recipe.
- 1 2/3 cup of fresh or thawed from frozen strawberries, blueberries or berry blend
- 1 1/3 cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice (or organic lemon juice from Costco)
- 1/3 cup of water
- Zest from lemons as desired (unless you use the Costco lemon juice then go without)
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (optional) or stevia to taste
- 6 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin
- 1-2 scoops of Dynamic Greens Pink Lemonade or Strawberry Kiwi (this gives a deeper and rounded flavor plus 20+ servings of fruits and veggies)
- In a blender, combine the berries, lemon juice and Dynamic Greens until no visible skin or large pieces of berries appear.
- In a small pot over medium-low heat, whisk the berry lemon mixture with the lemon zest, maple syrup, and gelatin together vigorously until the gelatin is well dissolved and the mixture becomes a nice slurry. (Note: If you don’t whisk enough, you may get flakes of white gelatin or you can combine some of the water warmed up with the gelatin to let it bloom before adding)
- Pour the mixture into a glass or ceramic dish, preferably 9×12″ or so. The smaller the pan, the thicker your gummies will be. For thinner gummies (to cut into “worms,” for example), use a larger pan.
For the kids:
- We have mini cookie cutters that we use to make shapes